New Student Orientation
FALL 2021 ORIENTATION
This Orientation program is to help our newest Eagles become familiar with our campus while gearing up for academic success. The program consists of a one-day orientation in which the new students meet their faculty and classmates as well as important staff at St. Joseph’s College. New students will observe various workshops on campus resources, meet other new students and given time to finalize your last minute needs before the semester begins. New Student Orientation includes both First Year and transfer students.
Monday, August 30, 2021
Virtual Live Session – Zoom Webinar
Link to the orientation program will be sent in an email prior to the event.
This virtual orientation is for both first year and transfer students.
Welcome to SJC:
Donald R. Boomgaarden, Ph.D., President of St. Joseph’s
Student Life Welcome:
Shantey Hill-Hanna, Vice President for Student Life and Campus Services
Janelle Hill, Associate Vice President for Student Life
Get involved and make the best of your experience; this overview will focus about the programs, services and the many various opportunities for all students.
Meet the Academic Deans:
Eileen Jahn, Ph.D., Executive Dean
Your academic journey begins today; students of St. Joseph’s College are afforded a strong education characterized by our colleges values; integrity, social responsibility, intellectual rigor, spiritual depth and service.
New Student Q&A:
Janelle Hill, Associate Vice President for Student Life, Panel Moderator
- Financial Aid
- Bryan Gill and Lauren Purcaro, Executive Directors of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement
- Dr. Cynthia Cabral, Director of Counseling
- Executive Deans
Orientation Information, On-Campus Session Directions and Closing:
Grace DeNicola, SGA Vice President/Student Orientation Chairperson
For questions, please contact Bryan Gill at email@example.com or call the Office of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement at 631.687.2602.
First Year Student On-Campus Session
Tuesday, August 31, 2021
10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Group A – FYE/SJC 100 Sections 1-11
1-3:30 p.m. Group B – FYE/SJC 100 Sections 12-20, Honors 1 and 2
Transfer Student On-Campus Session
Wednesday, September 1, 2021
10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Group A (A-L – alphabetical order by last name)
1-3:30 p.m. Group B (M-Z – alphabetical order by last name)
Arrive/Check-In (John A. Danzi Athletic Center):
Students will receive a nametag and directed to their appropriate group.
- Bryan Gill, Executive Director of Student Involvement, Leadership and Intercultural Engagement
- Grace DeNicola, Student Orientation Chairperson, SGA Vice President
- Thomas Tzimorotas, Director of Security
- Student Life and Resource Welcome
Breakout Session – guided by Orientation Leader
Student to Student Campus Session
- Covid Protocols if needed
- How to build your legacy- how important it is to get involved. How the OL’s feel they are building legacy
- Academic Advisement and Academic Center-things to know
- Printer usage
- Title IX course- be aware and on the lookout
- Build Your Legacy- the first six weeks- introduce scavenger hunt for welcome week
— Upcoming Events
— Portal, Documents, Printer Usage
Tour (will be designed by the OT Team and each group will have a different starting point):
- Students will receive their ID Card and other SJC Orientation Giveaways
- Meet and Greets – some key office representatives will be present
- Final Remarks