Orientation Leader Job Description:
As an orientation leader, you will provide guidance and information about St. Joseph’s College to all new students (traditional and non-traditional) and freshmen parents. The responsibilities of an orientation leader include:
- Must be available for all training, orientation programs, welcome back events that are listed on the Orientation Leader Application (determined by the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership).
- Must assist and serve as a role model/mentor during the Freshman Year Experience Program.
- Attend all meetings and trainings in order to prepare for all orientation programs.
- Welcome new students to the college and assist them in the initial orientation process.
- Help coordinate and perform educational and entertaining programs in the classroom.
- Prepare and conduct well-organized and thorough group meetings with the new students.
- Be respectful and supportive of all members of the orientation team.
- Work with Administration and Faculty to develop, promote and facilitate all events.
- Assist with all orientation programs, parent orientation, Investiture and a few other college events.
This leadership opportunity is made available during the spring semester prior to the beginning of planning and training for the upcoming year. For more information about becoming an Orientation Leader, please contact Bryan Gill, Director of Student Involvement and Leadership at email@example.com or 631.687.4590.